My laptop at work is getting a bit long in the tooth and is due to be replaced in the next couple of months. I currently run Ubuntu on a Dell laptop. The laptop is elevated on a dock next to another screen. I have two choices:
Choice 1: MacBook Pro. Arguments in favor:
- Apple makes the best laptop hardware anywhere. Period.
- I’d be able to dual-boot to OSX, which I have nothing against, it’s just not my preferred environment. I could hypothetically do things like play Steam with my OSX partition.
- Multitouch mousepad is so nice.
Choice 2: Dell E5520. Arguments in favor:
- The Linux support for the MacBook Pro is imperfect, especially wifi.
- I like the way I do stuff in Linux, and if I switched to OSX (for wifi, for instance), there will be a learning curve.
- There are docks (whereas MacBooks have some third-party stands but no real dock solution).
- 15.6 inch widescreen, instead of 13″ (which I’d have to get to keep the MacBook Pro under budget).
What are your thoughts?Tags: apple, computer, dell, laptop, Work
Categorised in: Bloggings
This post was written by Plutor