Star Wars: The Force Awakens had a pretty big opening weekend. It broke the records for domestic opening weekend ($247.9M, over Jurassic World‘s 208.8M) and worldwide ($529M, also breaking Jurassic World‘s 524.9M). But that’s not all.
- Largest Thursday “preview” day
- Largest Friday, largest opening day, largest single day
- (Not the largest Saturday, it was 3rd, behind the first Avengers movie and Jurassic World
- Largest Sunday
- Largest Monday (in this case breaking Spiderman 2‘s 11-year-old record)
- Highest per-theater average (this record is probably the craziest — it broke Jurassic World‘s previous record by 22%)
- Fastest movie to $100M (in fact, the very first movie to break 100M in one day, so this record will never be broken, only tied) and the fastest to $250M
- Largest domestic and global IMAX weekends
- Biggest December opening weekend (by a factor of 3! $248M, compared to the previous record was the first Hobbit at 85M)
There are more, too, but they’re all implied by the above ones (largest PG-13 opening weekend! Largest holiday weekend!).
And for the record, my review:
Tags: Movies, records, starwars
— xXx_logan_xXx (@Plutor) December 21, 2015