Mass Brewers Fest
The following is a full list of all of the beers I tried at the second annual Mass Brewers Fest last night:
- 6:20 PM - Blue Hills Black Hops - ★★★★
- 6:24 PM - Cape Cod Beach Blonde - ★★★
- 6:29 PM - Haverhill Leatherlips - ★★★★
- 6:42 PM - Watch City Monkey Monk - ★★ - Probably the worst beer of the night. Too bad, since I like Watch City.
- 6:48 PM - Amherst Raspberry Wedding White - ★★★★ - Cask conditioned but really foamy. I wish I had gone back to give it another try later. It was very tart, not sweet at all.
- 6:52 PM - Rapscallion Blessing - ★★★★
- 6:58 PM - Gardner Summer's End - ★★★
- 7:09 PM - Clown Shoes Black Ale - ★★★★★
- 7:18 PM - Ipswitch Oatmeal Stout - ★★★★
- 7:33 PM - Harpoon UFO Pumpkin - ★★★★
- 8:03 PM - Notch Pils - ★★ - Both this and the Notch Saison were very mediocre beers. Wish they hadn't run out of their Session before we got there.
- 8:15 PM - Northampton Magic Carpet Rye - ★★★
- 8:23 PM - Jack's Abbey Smoke & Dagger - ★★★
- 8:35 PM - Samuel Adams Sample A - ★★★★
- 8:37 PM - Samuel Adams Sample B - ★★★ - Sam Adams was doing a contest/drawing/vote for a new flavor. Sample A was a really fantastic red: sweet, toffee-like flavor. Sample B was a black ale. Also good, but not as much personality.
- 8:49 PM - Blue Hills Antimatter - ★★★★
- 8:59 PM - Wormtown Pumpkin Ale - ★★★★★ - I had tried a taste of this earlier in the night, and was amazed. It's head and shoulders over the Harpoon UFO Pumpkin, but I'm betting I would only be able to drink about 8 ounces before I got sick of it.
- 9:06 PM - Frosty Knuckle Sea Spray IPA - ★★★★★ - My choice for Beer Of The Night. A very well balanced IPA. Heavy on the hops but still enough maltiness to be flavorful.
- 9:19 PM - Gardner Belgian Chair - ★★★
- 9:39 PM - Harpoon Uncle Fester - I refuse to rate this beer. Just for this event, Harpoon took a year-old keg of Oktoberfest and mixed it with a six-month-old keg of Munich Dark. The result was wild and strange and honestly tasted kinda like blue cheese.
Yes, I used Remembeer to track my beers and ratings. Also, I wore my Utica Club t-shirt to the event, and kept track of the number of comments I got. Final score: 12, about half from brewers and half from attendees.